New SAT Courses
Hong Kong’s Most Popular New SAT Test Preparation
Our range of test preparation courses are built on decades of expertise, world-class content development, and an exam-tested approach that builds students’ competence and confidence on test day. As the #1 Test Preparation academy in Hong Kong, we have served thousands of students over the years helping students increase their scores from several hundred points to as high as 780 point increases!!!
What is the New SAT?
In March 2016, what many believe as the “main” standardized examination used by university admissions officers to assess student preparedness for college-level coursework, will change dramatically. The New SAT will test students’ skills in:
- Reading “skills and knowledge at the heart of education: the stuff you’ve been learning in high school, the stuff you’ll need to succeed in college. It’s about how you take in, think about, and use information.” **
- Writing and Language questions which test “command of evidence,” “words in context,” “analysis in History, Social Studies and in Science,” “expression of ideas,” and “Standard English Conventions.”
- The Math Test questions are “designed to mirror the problem solving and modeling you’ll do in:
- College math, science, and social science courses
- The jobs that you hold
- Your personal life”
- And the (now) optional Essay component will have a complete makeover and will be “like a typical college writing assignment in which you’re asked to analyze a text.”
All of the skills will be within the context of a strictly timed and fiercely competitive exam. For this reason, some students who are accustomed to earning top grades in school are surprised to see that their SAT scores lag behind. Such students often benefit from test preparation techniques and a thorough understanding of the format and nature of the test.
Who is it for?
Any student interested in attending university in the US should consider taking the SAT or at least a mock exam. Taking a mock or practice exam allows students to understand where they rank among students worldwide, which universities they should consider researching, and what steps they need to take to earn the score they need to attend their ideal school. Furthermore, once students have earned an SAT score they are able to better understand how admissions scores such as the SAT fit into the overall academic profile of a college applicant. School grades, extracurricular activities, and personal essays are just some of the additional factors that admissions officers weigh along with SAT scores in determining who gets admitted and who doesn’t.
For more information on how the SAT plays a role in the university admissions process, call us today to set up a free meeting with our Admissions Consulting team!
When to take it?
The SAT is offered six times a year internationally – in October, November, December, January, May, and June. Most students take the SAT for the first time during the winter of their Grade 11/Year 12 year and a second time during the fall of their Grade 12/Year 13 year. In today’s competitive environment, however, a number of clients have also started their preparation in 10th grade and earlier.
The New SAT Dates in 2016:
The 1st Ever New SAT Internationally: May 7, 2016 (Registration Deadline: April 8, 2016)***
The 2nd New SAT Internationally: June 4, 2016 (Registration Deadline: May 5, 2016)***
***To register for the test and see upcoming test dates, visit the College Board website. For our Hong Kong and China based clients, please visit the International exams page here.
New SAT Courses
NEW SAT Essentials (for 2016 Exams)
Critical Reading • Writing • Math • Essay
- Best-selling comprehensive SAT strategy course
- Students boost scores by more than 220 points on average
- Teaches fundamentals, strategies, and classic questions for all 4 sections of the test
- Students can retake the course for free
Good For: Perfect introduction to SAT test preparation
30 Hours of Instruction + 3 Full Mock Tests – HK$14,800 – Get the schedule!
New SAT Power Series
Intensive Drilling • Guided Practice
- Provides individual coaching to further boost students’ scores
- Intensive drilling includes one full mock SAT in each session
- Detailed reviews of each mock test to identify and correct errors
Good For: Excellent pre-test practice for students who have already completed strategy preparation
5 Mock Tests + 5 Lessons of Reviews – HK$6,750 per course / HK$1,350 per day – Get the schedule!
Private Lessons for the New SAT
Individual Attention • Customized Schedules
- Uses The Edge’s proprietary SAT Test Prep system to identify and eliminate areas of weakness
- Available in 1 on 1, 1 on 2, and 1 on 3 settings
Good for: Students who need more individual attention or who have busy schedules
Why The Edge?
All of our teachers boast degrees from top American universities and undergo 60 hours of intensive training, one year of mentoring and shadowing to ensure the same pedagogy so students can receive same high quality of test prep training for any SAT class in The Edge.
The Edge’s SAT teachers regularly help students to improve by 350-400 points, and students average increase is more than 220 points.
Chosen by Top Schools
The Edge works with a number of leading international schools and educational organizations to offer on-campus courses at schools across Hong Kong.
Students can retake the entire course, or a portion thereof, for free as many times as they like.
Locally-developed Proprietary Course Content
All of our SAT test preparation course materials are developed in-house by a team of expert content developers. Our content is constantly updated to reflect the latest changes in the SAT exam itself and is designed specifically for the needs of students in Hong Kong.
The Edge offers two convenient locations, one in Causeway Bay and another in Mongkok.
Our teachers provide regular progress reports to students in one-on-one lessons so parents can better understand their children’s progress.